Explosion and Fire at Raj Mahal Indian Restaurant in Sydney

Explosion and Fire at Raj Mahal Indian Restaurant in Sydney

rAJMAHAL INDIAN RESTAURANT

Raj Mahal Indian Restaurant in Westmead, Sydney, was badly damaged in a fire that followed an explosion in the early morning of 13th November 2013. The restaurant at 7/74 Hawkesbury Rd in Westmead was popular among the Indian Community in Sydney. The fire service was called at 12:10 am in the morning, and patrons inside the restaurant and residents who live in the two floors of the apartment above the restaurant were immediately evacuated.

The fire  believed to have started in the dining area. Fortunately no one was injured in the incident. The police are treating the fire as suspicious. So a crime scene is established and forensic examinations are underway. The restaurant changed hands recently and the Police are questioning the new owner in this regard.

The Police is urging anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000

You must be logged in to post a comment Login